Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Odds and ends and questions

I'm beat.  We had a long ENT appointment today that resulted in no nap for Maya and a long day for me.  I'll write it up, to update the family, tomorrow maybe, but tonight I'm beat.  Long story short, we're changing both of her daily allergy meds, did a few in office tests that were tiresome but no big deal, and she's going to have a big hearing test sometime in June/July . . . which will require around 2 hrs of sedation.  It will be good to have firm answers, but, well . . . (sigh).

And I remembered a funny story that I thought that I had blogged about a few years ago, back when only a few immediate family members were reading it . . . but I searched and can't find it.  So I'm going to have to try to remember as many deatils as possible and type it up.

OH!!!  And . . . I'm going to have a giveaway!  A real one (as in, not a holiday card, which is the only thing I've ever given away).  I can't wait to do it  . . . I'm just waiting for the package to arrive here, which should be tomorrow or Friday :)

Finally, any questions?  Really.  I've seen a few bloggers do "Reader's Questions" posts, and they can be interesting.  You can comment on this post, or email me at: uncommonfeedback@gmail.com  If I get enough questions (or any questions) I'll do an answers post.

4 comments:

Helen @ Three Times the Giggles said...

Yay for a Q&A!

Here's one... how did you pick Maya's name?

Unknown said...

My daughter has had several ABR hearing tests (I'm guessing that is what Maya will be getting with the sedation). They are really pretty simple, other than the sedation. Anytime our litte ones have to be sedated it worries us. It is nice to know how well they are hearing which in my daughter's case is not very well. Now we know why she's not talking much yet. I got a question for ya...do you miss teaching?

Anonymous said...

I have 2 questions - How do you deal with not having a clear diagnosis for Maya and what do you do for YOU time?
Heather

Anonymous said...

questions:

do you have any fun trips that you'd like to take maya on?

what's your favorite family outing?