Sunday, December 23, 2007

Moving

The moving has begun.

On one hand, we are so lucky to be off this week---it allows us the time to move in reasonable chunks. On the other hand, I can't believe that we're going to spend this week moving (and cleaning, organizing, shopping, packing, etc) and then suddenly we'll be back at work and my break will be gone.

The moving started yesterday-my parents came to help and Dave was amazed by how much work they can do. Dave & my dad moved everything we had packed from the apartment, our storage downstairs, and Dave's parents' storage bin--while my mom and I went to breakfast, shopping for cleaning supplies, and then my mom set to work cleaning the new apartment.

This move stinks for me because I can't lift anything, I can't be exposed to too many chemicals (so that limits the cleaning) and I just feel useless. Also, around 3 or 4 everyday now my legs hurt. A lot. Enough that I need to sit down and rest.

On the upside, the new apartment is AMAZING. It's huge, it's beautiful, it's so so nice :) Once we're in there (Friday is when our furniture is going up) it will be lovely to live there.

Oh, I also haven't gotten any shopping done for Christmas. So I guess I'll be going out today and tomorrow to shop.

Baby Update
The baby is about 5 1/2 inches long. I feel it kicking usually once or twice a day--but only when I'm sitting or lying down (so I never really feel it at work). It's not strong enough to feel from the outside, so Dave hasn't felt it yet. It can definitely hear now, so I put headphones on my belly and play it music. And it's around 5 1/2" long. According to one website, it's the size od a sweet potato. Where do they come up with this stuff?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we're a little bit sore and tired but so glad we were able to help! i had fun. the place is beautiful and really,really big!!! it seems like a home, and that's before your stuff is even moved in!!collin could run his cars from one end to the other---unless the doors to the inner sanctum are closed! :c) wish we had more time to explore the neighborhood but the people we met are really friendly.it will be a great place to raise the little sweet potato!

kris said...

Mrs. G, Dana and Dave are now 2 blocks from where my mom grew up! They loved it--and we still love visiting Riverdale. My mom went to school at St. Gabe's (where there is Holy Ground, but no church!)

Glad to hear the new place is homey. Hope that Christmas was magical!! Happy '08 :)

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas!!! Sounds like it's shaping up to be a good one, with a new addition to the family and a new apartment!